On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 at 11:42:01 -0400, Rich wrote:
> AH! Ok then, so that I may possibly better my template (perhaps
> simplifying it to as RA suggests), the next line is:
>
> Dear %Capital(%TOFNAME=+%if:"%ABToHandle"<>"":"%-
> %if:'%ABToHandle'<>'%ABToFirstName':'%ABToHandle':'%ABToFirstName'":"%ABToFirstName"+)

This says:
If the first name in the TO address (%ToFName) exists
   then
      use it
   otherwise
      if the address book handle is not blank
         then
            if the address book handle is different to the address
               book first name,
               then
                  use the address book handle
               otherwise
                  use the address book first name
         otherwise (if the address book handle is blank)
            use the address book first name

--
Robin

Using The Bat! v3.99.3
      Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
      Popfile v0.22.4