On Monday, September 10, 2007 at 18:00 Roelof Otten wrote:

> Apart from %ABFromPhone you can use any address book macro, like
> %ABFromE-mail, I just used the Phone entry, because I don't use that
> and I wouldn't like folder names with email addresses, but YMMV.

I actually changed the 'Known' filter a bit to do what I want with this.
Everyone I regularly communicate with is in my addressbook. I like to
keep conversations with people in my AB together, so after all the
filters that handle lists, newsletters and whatmore, I have the 'Known'
filter at the bottom that splits out all remaining incoming mails to
folders named after the full name of the person as it is registered in
my AB. Because this list would get too large, I've also made it to
create an intermediate level of folders based on the first letter.

\\HyperCube
Maurice\Bekenden\%SETPATTREGEXP("(.)")%REGEXPBLINDMATCH(%ABFROMNAME)%SUBPATT(1)\5C%ABFROMNAME

Where 'HyperCube Maurice' is my account name, and 'Bekenden' is the mail
folder under which I want these user-linked folders to be created.

A similar filter exists in my outgoing filters list, which of course
uses %ABTONAME to make outgoing mails to contacts in my AB also go to
their personal folder. The folders are set to have a threaded so I can
easily follow conversations there too, just like with mailing lists.

--
Greetings,
Maurice

Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
The Bat! v3.99.24; ; AJS v18.59432; MyMacros 1.11a;