On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 at 10:25:10 -0400, Dave wrote:
> I've had an intermittent ongoing problem for the past several months.
>
> When sending email it quite properly goes to the outbox and an attempt
> is made to connect to the smtp server, but after some time the attempt
> aborts with the error message "Could not connect to the server", which
> is also shown in the account log. This happens to outbounds on all of my
> three different accounts.

I have experienced something similar recently, but only once.
Interestingly it only happened on one account, the other two accounts
could send perfectly well. However all accounts use the same SMTP
server!

> I've enabled protocol logging, but since there is no connection and
> hence no protocol exchange, the protocol log remains empty. The smtp
> settings in TB! seem to be correct, and have not changed in several
> years.

Same here.

> The problem is intermittent; sometimes a message will be sent and the
> indefinitely. Restarting TB! is no help. And while the TB! outbound is
> hanging, other internet connections work normally.

There my experience was different. When I shut down my laptop and
rebooted it some time later, the message was sent.

> Any thoughts would be appreciated...

Nothing that suggests a solution I'm afraid.

--
Robin

Using The Bat! v3.99.25
      Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
      Popfile v0.22.4