Hello David,

> That is the point I am a big key board used and don't use the mouse. When I
> the cursor keys to move up and down the tree it gets really annoying that
> the other columns disappear off the right.
>
> The problem as I see it is that the first column width is not fixed but
> will vary depending on how far into a tree you are in.

I don't know why that is happening to you. All I can actually say is
that I don't see that behaviour here. As you can see in this screenshot:

http://www.rancho-k.com/TB/Folder_tree.png

my Name column doesn't change width no matter how deep I navigate in my
folder tree. Sorry I can't be of further help.

Miguel A. Urech (El Escorial - Spain)
Using The Bat! v4.0.18