On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 07:15:36 +0200, Roelof Otten
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hallo Chris,
>
>On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 03:00:08 +1000GMT (9-6-2008, 19:00 +0200, where I
>live), you wrote:
>
>C> Today I received an email from "Neco <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>". The
>C> filter was triggered (the account log says that the email was
>C> processed by "Spam (Known)".
>
>That's good, isn't it? ;-)

Yes - it would seem that the filter is catching the message, which is
great.

>C> Problem is, the message was then delivered to my inbox (and it says
>C> that in the same line in the account log also). Can anyone tell me
>C> why the Action did not occur (delete from server)?
>
>Are you sure it still is present on your server?
>I think you misunderstood the meaning of the action.
>In order to decide whether the message matches the condition the
>message has to be downloaded. And all messages that are downloaded
>travel through the Inbox.
>As the only action that gets executed is deletion from the server, the
>downloaded copy stays put in the Inbox. Deletion from server is an
>action that's meant to be used when you keep your messages for x days
>on the server.

The message has gone from the server - I have The Bat set to remove
all messages on download anyway. I have misunderstood that option in
the first place - I thought that it looked at the from address while
the message was still on the server, and then would delete it without
needing to download it. What actions do I need so that I never see the
message in the first place?

>C> --
>
>Your signature delimiter isn't working properly.

Ah nuts :( I'm not sure what the problem with it is - I set it to be
the two dashes and then a blank line under that with my name a further
line down. Ok, I've tried a change - does this one work any better?
--

Regards,

GG