On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 11:25:06 +0200, Roelof Otten
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Well, you do that with selective download filters, those download the
>message headers and can kill the message from server before the full
>message will be downloaded.
>However, I've never used them myself as they lengthen the download
>time substantially, because the message headers will be downloaded
>twice, once to compare them with the selective download filters and
>a second time when the complete message is downloaded. With my message
>mix (lots of short messages) that isn't worth the trouble.
>Furthermore I don't kill on arrival and that's the only useful action
>for selective download filters.

Fair enough. If someone had a dial up Internet connection and had lots
of big spam messages come through, it sounds like this approach might
be tailor made for them.

>'Delete the message', that's the action listed right above 'Delete
>from server'
>My server does my spam marking, it adds a spam header and I've set TB
>to move those messages to a spam folder and mark them as read (you
>know that you can set multiple actions to a single filter, don't you)
>so I won't see it unless I'm browsing my spam folder to check for
>false spam marks. So that could be an option for you too.

Thanks - most of my spam is unknown, but this particular address is
nothing but, so I can safely set it to 'delete the message'. I can use
the other approach for the spam (unknown) filter though.

>The blank lie isn't necessary, but it's supposed to consist of dash
>dash space on a single line, but as you aren't using TB on the list I
>can't comment on how to achieve that.

Thanks - I'm using Agent via gmane. I've updated the signature block
in the Agent options.

>Yes.

Cool - I think different programs must adhere to a different standard.
I've seen newsreader programs which work fine with the '--' (without
space), but The Bat needs the space by the looks of it. Oh well, no
problem.
--

Regards,

GG