Hello Günter,
Thursday, July 17, 2008, 8:22:06 AM, you wrote:

GM> On IMAP: I've just found out that it is an option after all - it
GM> wasn't last time I looked. But with my volume of mail, and rather
GM> limited email quota on the server (20MB last time I looked), it is not
GM> feasible to keep the message base on the server. Does IMAP allow me to
GM> download all messages to both computers but flagged as "read" if
GM> already dealt with on the other?

Yes. This is the beauty of IMAP.  It will place the new mail into folders
matching your other computer. It also looks after your sent mail so you don't
have to BCC yourself.

As far as quota on the server you may have to create an archive for older
messages and then copy your old messages to the archive on both computers and
then delete them off the server.

--
 Stuart                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Using The Bat! v4.0.26.3 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2