Does one need to have TheBat Pro in order to check mail from Gmail? I
have tried, very carefully, several times to set up a new sub-account
so that I can check my Gmail account without having to log onto Gmail
directly. It does not work. I followed the instructions in the
settings location at Gmail where there is support for TheBat Pro, and
that is what I followed, although there is some ambiguity about the
user name (berkowitzls OR [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- I've tried it both
ways). I have tried, one at a time, the various authentication
options, and the different port options. Nothing seems to work.

My signature below shows the version of TheBat I am currently using a
result of an upgrade to day. Previously, the failures were on 4.0.24

Thanks.
--
Leonard S. Berkowitz
Reply to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Using TheBat! 4.0.28.3 (but not for this particular note)

Windows Vista 6.0
Build 6000