On Tue, 26 Aug 2008, at 03:45:06 [GMT -0400] (which was 9:45 where I
live) Leonard Berkowitz wrote:

> Does one need to have TheBat Pro in order to check mail from Gmail? I
> have tried, very carefully, several times to set up a new sub-account
> so that I can check my Gmail account without having to log onto Gmail
> directly. It does not work. I followed the instructions in the
> settings location at Gmail where there is support for TheBat Pro, and
> that is what I followed, although there is some ambiguity about the
> user name (berkowitzls OR [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- I've tried it both
> ways). I have tried, one at a time, the various authentication
> options, and the different port options. Nothing seems to work.

> My signature below shows the version of TheBat I am currently using a
> result of an upgrade to day. Previously, the failures were on 4.0.24

I am using the Pro version and Voyager but I can not imagine you can't
do the similar with the Home version.

I am using more than one gmail account within the Bat! however via POP
not IMAP. Are you using the right ports (TLS)?

--
cheers,
Henk M. de Bruijn