Hello Bill,

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 00:18:37 -0700 GMT (29/08/2008, 14:18 +0700 GMT),
Bill McQuillan wrote:

>> That is already possible. I saw "xxxx days until Christmas..." or
>> "already living xxxx days and xxx hours" on this list or on TBOT.
>> Again, this is made an internal command (template macro) which
>> requests the information from outside and puts it into the message at
>> the pre-defined spot. It is not an external command.

BM> I think what people are talking about is a two step process. First, an
BM> external program is executed to produce the desired text in a known
BM> location and then Second, a template macro grabs it from that known
BM> location (file) and puts it into the message being created.

But this is already possible. Am I still misunderstanding Jens'
feature request in mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED] or did he
just not know it is already implemented?

BM> For instance, the text "already living xxxx days and xxx hours"
BM> probably needed to be updated just before the macro put it into
BM> the message. That's the use of an external program.

External programs can be used. Examples have already been given in
this thread.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

I like to sing to the songs on the radio in my car. When you go into a
tunnel, it's hard to come out on the right note. Actually, the news is
more difficult.

Message reply created with The Bat! 4.0.28.4