Thursday, September 18, 2008, 8:27:24 AM, you wrote:

> Replying to my own message, but noted one added possible clue for
> developers.  Clicking on the "real" button does what is expected,
> restoring minimized window, or minimizing the window, etc.  Clicking
> on the "greyed out" or "false" button does nothing.  BUT if you right
> click on the false button and choose close, it closes TheBat (i.e.
> both buttons and the application).  The right click also gives you the
> option of minimize and restore, but neither of those are functional.

Yet one more clue just discovered:

I have taskbar at top of screen.  If I minimize the bat by "normal
methods":
click minus sign in upper right
right click on real button and choose minimize
just click on real button

it then works normally, minimizing the program to the task bar.

BUT if I right click on the "false button" and choose minimize a
miniature "the bat" top bar in the lower left corner of screen.  This
is visible only if all programs minimized.  That is, when you open a
window of any program (at least those I've tried, IE, Chrome, Bat, and
a couple of others) that "mini bar" is covered up, but reappears when
you view the desktop itself.

AND if you click close on that button, it closes the Bat ungracefully,
saying that it has encountered an error (the standard such Windows
message, don't recall details of wording) and is checking for a
solution.  It then restarts the Bat.  It appears nothing is lost or
corrupted, though haven't tried it when have had a new message window
open.

dan

--
The road goes on forever and the party never ends. REK, Jr.
Dan Lester, Boise, ID