4/19/2009

rr> Open the help file. Look at the "Privacy and Security" tab. Open it
rr> then go to "S/Mime" and open it. Then open "certificate management"
rr> and go from there. It works for me.

Do you mean the 'tools' menu?

That's the only one I can find with a 'privacy and Security' tab.

When I go to it, the flyout offers:

Verify Signature - (with shortcut) greyed out.
Decrypt  - (with shortcut) greyed out.
Import key/certificate - greyed out.
Decrypt and save - (with shortcut) greyed out.

Then a spacer, and

File encrypt/sign  (with shortcut) Not greyed out
File decrypt/verify (with shortcut) Not greyed out.

I actually found this before writing  and should have mentioned it
probably, but the more things I looked at the more muddled I got. It
looks like the options I need are greyed out, and I don't know why or
how to fix it.

There must be a way to do this!

I thought my sig had my system stuff in it, but it's a WinXP Pro laptop,
updated to the minute, with TB Pro 4.1.11  Ask for more if you need it.

Don't know what to do next!

Thanks, though.

Lynn

--
Lynn
:Hawthorne: :usflag: :canadaflag:

theli...@comcast.net         * * *    Aun Aprendo
I'd rather be WARP'ed    * * *      Team OS/2
http://www.turriff.net

TBv.4.1.11
NT5 SP4