Hi

On Friday 14 August 2009 at 8:00:39 PM, in
<mid:342006494.20090814200...@gjctech.co.uk>, Geoff Lane wrote:

> On 14 August 2009, 18:13, Susanne wrote:

>> What I'm looking for is a bulk way of saving several
>> hundred messages as txt files in a windows folder.

> .eml and .msg are just text files. So you could bulk
> export as either and then run a VBScript (or whichever
> language you preferred) utility to strip the unwanted
> headers (or live with the extraneous info if not too
> onerous).

Or you could create an incoming message filter.
Make it a common filter if using multiple accounts.
Something like:-

Condition: Any Message
Action: Export the message -
        path/to/folder/%subj.txt
        Export format: plain text
        When destination file exists: increment file name
        (define a template if you want it different to the usual "saved
        message" template for the account)

Set it to be Active, executed only by hotkey.
If it's a common filter, share with whatever accounts.

Select a group of messages and press your hotkey combination - they
will be saved in your specified windows folder. If the folder doesn't
exist, it will be created - well it was here when testing, anyway.

HTH

MFPA

CAUTION! - Beware of Warnings!

Using The Bat! v4.0.38 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600