---- "Jernej Simončič" <jernej.listso...@ena.si> wrote:
> On Sunday, October 31, 2010, 14:59:10, Jim Kyle wrote:

> The message is pretty clear that the server will not accept traffic from an
> IP that's not assigned to Charter, so if the motel uses some other ISP,
> there's no way to get around it.

Actually, there might be - try enabling SMTP authentication, many ISPs
allow you to send the message then.

Alas no combination of tics at ACCOUNT>PROPERTIES>SEND MAIL(Authentication)
would allow me to send mail.  I guess I'll just have to continue using the
Charter server from Firefox.  Inelegant, true, but it gets the job done.

My thanks to all who tried to help.

Jack