John Posada wrote:
> So, no...between real-life instances where a very detailed resume got
me
> gigs, vs several people saying "I don't like resumes longer than two
> pages", I'll go with what has worked for me in the past.

That sounds eerily similar to audience analysis to me. Is that allowed?
:-)

My work experience for the last 14 years or more has revolved largely
around writing manuals in FrameMaker and delivering them in PDF or on
paper. I hate repeating that for each job, which is why I abbreviated my
job descriptions and moved the FrameMaker-related stuff to a section
about my skills. It makes both me and my resume appear more
professional.

I finally had to move to a two-page resume the last time I did one. For
the longest time, I stubbornly managed to keep everything on one page,
but then I realized that it wouldn't fax well because the text was
getting a little crowded. Not that many people want faxed resumes any
more. Sending things electronically is SO much easier.

Donna

- CONFIDENTIAL-
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may also be
legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review,
use, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this email in error,
please notify the sender immediately by reply email and then delete this email.

Author Help files and create printed documentation with Doc-To-Help.
New release adds Team Authoring Support, enhanced Web-based help
technology and PDF output. Learn more at www.doctohelp.com/tcp.