> What works for you may work just fine. But you have two hiring
> managers here who've told you "um, nope, don't read 'em if they
> are that long."

To be honest, I'm not sure I'd be comfortable working with a manager who places
more priority on format than on content....are there also any fonts that make
you not read a resume? is my resume good if I use Arial, but not Helvetica?
What other types of documents do managers such as yourself not read because
they don't meet an arbitrary page length standard? As a part of policy, do you
ignore Functional Specs if they're over a certain page length? Do you not
review department deliverables if they exceede some page length? I'm sure with
enough effort, any Functional or Technical spec can be brought down to two
pages...of course, it wouldn't say much about the project.

Where did this 2-page standard come from, anyway? Is the person behind a 2 page
resume also automatically a more qualified writer than one with a 3 page
resume?

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"They say everyone needs goals. Mine is to live forever.
So far, so good."

Author Help files and create printed documentation with Doc-To-Help.
New release adds Team Authoring Support, enhanced Web-based help
technology and PDF output. Learn more at www.doctohelp.com/tcp.