> I'm subscribed to multiple lists (applications, dita, stc, tech
> writing...) and if I were to try and keep up with all of the postings on
> every list, I'd go absolutely bonkers.
>
> So here's the question:  What do you do to manage the overflow of
> electronic messaging so that it doesn't eat up your day and
> productivity?

I use one email addy for most of my lists (a gmail account), and one
for everything else.

The problem is when folks send email to my gmail account, thinking
I'll see it ;-) I, too, mark many messages are read, especially when
I'm travelling, and then find offlist emails a month after they've
been posted when I'm permanently deleting old posts.

Char James-Tanny ~ JTF Associates, Inc. ~ http://www.helpstuff.com
Please send follow-up questions to the list. (Inquiries sent off-list
may not be seen.)
Contact me directly (CharJT at helpstuff dot com) with business inquiries.
2006-2007 Microsoft Help MVP
Find a Help Authoring Tool at HAT-Matrix.com ~ http://hat-matrix.com
Co-author of "Managing Virtual Teams" ~ http://www.wordware.com/wiki
AuthorIT Certified Consultant, Development, and Training
STC Secretary, 2006-2008
Web site Hosting and Design ~ http://www.jtfhosting.com

Author Help files and create printed documentation with Doc-To-Help.
New release adds Team Authoring Support, enhanced Web-based help
technology and PDF output. Learn more at www.doctohelp.com/tcp.