I use filters and sometimes different email accounts in general. For
Example, technical writing related email lists go to my hotmail account.
However, that does not have the effect I thought it would, since I now have
MSN Messenger for work and cannot resist the temptation to jump on the list
every time I see a message come through. It worked for awhile anyway :)

Melissa