> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> On Behalf Of Sue Heim

> Tom, the requirements you listed are really not requirements for what a
> tool
> can do....

> So better questions that you should be asking and getting answered are:

> ...sue

Thanks for the replies--great points and questions! Keep them
coming...trying to get some answers from my organization...on what you
listed and a few more...

It's something of a "cart before the horse" project. There are no training
modules designed or written out, so I'm essentially creating a rough draft
at this point of not only the manual, but the training. I went through
sales training of sorts--more like "random episodic learning"--so this
project motivates me to save others from that plight!

The hard part is organizing it all. The fun part is helping determine
training needs and goals and best practices in a small and dynamic,
growing and successful company. As Simon Bar Sinister from UnderDog says,
"I'll rule the [training] world!"

> On 9/25/07, Tom Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Tim,
> >
> > You'll get a bunch of opinions here. First, you should decide if
> you're
> > goal
> > is print or online. If you favor one or the other, that might....

> > reader know when he or she has finished reading? Other than that, I
> > recommend you visit Char James-Tanny's HAT Matrix to get a good
> overview

Went there, good site!...now my problem is learning the language. It's
mostly "Geek" to me...

> > of > > different Help Authoring Tools. http://helpstuff.com/hats.html
> >
> > Tom Johnson

Tim Mantyla

PS: Tom also replied above, but I'm Tim.

Author Help files and create printed documentation with Doc-To-Help.
New release adds Team Authoring Support, enhanced Web-based help
technology and PDF output. Learn more at www.doctohelp.com/tcp.