As a side note, I would never EVER save a Word document as an HTML file and
then attempt to do anything with it without first cleaning up the code.
There are utilities out there that will strip the garbage tags that MSO
inserts. That may actually be part of your import problem.

Personally, I prefer Dreamweaver. I think you may find that you have better
and more features using a tool that you pay money for, versus a freeware
tool. You do sometimes get what you pay for, and if this is going to be your
process going forward, it's a good investment to purchase the tool that does
what you need.

...sue

On 10/4/07, Tim Mantyla <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm still trying to determine if an intranet, with the manual designed as
> a web page, is a good spot for the sales manual...
> Still trying Flare, and it's having some issues importing
>
> If you know of any good free web design software I can use to publish an
> interactive sales manual, please post it!
>
> I just tried "Blaze Composer 3.0" (Author's homepage is
> http://baliganikhil.googlepages.com/) and it would not import my Word doc
> converted to an .htm doc.
>
> Is this common with web design software?  This is the first one I've ever
> tried, plan to try a few more and a trial version of Dreamweaver.
> Are there low priced good software not as expensive as Dreamweaver or
> Frontpage?
>
> Tim Mantyla

Author Help files and create printed documentation with Doc-To-Help.
New release adds Team Authoring Support, enhanced Web-based help
technology and PDF output. Learn more at www.doctohelp.com/tcp.