Sue Heim wrote:

>>....I would never EVER save a Word document as an HTML file and
then attempt to do anything with it without first cleaning up the code....
Personally, I prefer Dreamweaver. I think you may find that you have better
and more features using a tool that you pay money for, versus a freeware
tool. You do sometimes get what you pay for, and if this is going to be your
process going forward, it's a good investment to purchase the tool that does
what you need.<<

Right behind ya Sue,

The last thing you want to do is save a Word document as an HTML file,
unless you like to spend hours picking out the garbage to make it look and
work properly.

If want a good investment, you can't beat Dreamweaver. If you want cheap,
you get what you pay for.

I prefer Dreamweaver myself. However, some months ago, someone on another
list serv raved about an open source web development tool that was "as good
as Dreamweaver." I can't remember the name of it (since I already have
Dreamweaver), but maybe someone else on the list does. (I think it was NVU.)

Al Geist
Technical Writing, Help, Marketing Collateral, Web Design and Award Winning
Videos
Voice/Msg: 802-872-9190
Cell: 802-578-3964
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
office and beautiful note cards for all occasions.)

Author Help files and create printed documentation with Doc-To-Help.
New release adds Team Authoring Support, enhanced Web-based help
technology and PDF output. Learn more at www.doctohelp.com/tcp.