On Tuesday, November 06, 2007, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> why did they make me spend all my money.

They *made* you spend your money? Sounds to me as if you made
the purchase willingly :)

> For almost the same price as I purchased the FrameMaker 8 license, I
> could have purchased the entire suite if I waited a few weeks. I do
> have one of the qualifying products to get the upgrade price for the
> Tech Comm Suite. I just think this is bad business. anyone else have
> this issue or on the other side of the coin, do you guys think I am
> unrealistic to be upset. Thank you all for your thoughts.

When we release a new major version number (e.g., a release from
1.3 to 2.0), we most often offer the new version free to anyone who
purchased the product 30 days prior to the release (1.3 to 1.4
releases are free by downloading a patch). Anything past 30 days
and you must pay an upgrade fee. We try to stand firmly on this
because you have to draw the line somewhere, and we try to treat
all customers equally.

I think Adobe's policy is reasonable.

2 cents,

Dana W.

Dana Worley
Software Product Manager/Manager, Software Support Group
Campbell Scientific, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Author Help files and create printed documentation with Doc-To-Help.
New release adds Team Authoring Support, enhanced Web-based help
technology and PDF output. Learn more at www.doctohelp.com/tcp.