OK, then let me rephrase this.

Adobe's upgrade policy is 30 days (buy something within 30 days and you'll
get the upgrade free).

The original poster bought something seven weeks prior to the new product
suite being available.

What should Adobe do? Say "OK, for you, we'll allow 30 days plus 19 days and
give you credit for your purchase"?

If they do that, what about the next person, who purchased their product
seven weeks plus one day before the release of the other product. Do they
then ask for special dispensation from Adobe? And then the next person, who
purchased eight weeks earlier. And then... and then... at that point should
they just say "OK, we'll give this new product free to anyone who bought
this other product in the past year"?

At one point does any company who is in business stop and draw the line?

If the original poster had a $50K site license, then yeah, I think that
maybe Adobe might make some compensation available. But for a single user?
Where should any business, who is IN BUSINESS TO MAKE MONEY, draw the line?

Personally, yeah, I'd be a bit upset if I'd just paid something and
something new and better came out later on. I might even try to see if I
could get a special discount or something. I certainly wouldn't go to a
professional list and start posting about bad business practices when, in
fact, Adobe was following basic Business 101 practices.

That's the risk you take when you purchase anything. Heck, if I went out and
bought leggings tomorrow, odds are high that they'll be out of fashion in
seven weeks. D'ya think I could return 'em as being unfashionable?  <big
grin>

...sue

Author Help files and create printed documentation with Doc-To-Help.
New release adds Team Authoring Support, enhanced Web-based help
technology and PDF output. Learn more at www.doctohelp.com/tcp.