Hi,

I'm working on ext2fs code now, ext3/ext4 uses crc32c almost exclusively to
checksum many filesystem structures, so I'll need this soon to write data
properly and thus support generally used filesystem options.

We do have crc32 support in libkern, so I was thinking doing something
along that.

I noticed we have something in sctp_crc32.c, also there is another
implementation in iscsi code. I also found FreeBSD has consolidated and
optimized this a bit, they use one shared implementation for both places.
Even there, it's just C code - countrary to Linux, which has also code to
use the Intel CPU instructions if available. So I've been thinking I could
either extract this into some shared code; or just create third fork within
kernel specially for ext2fs.

What is general option, is there any interest to have crc32c support
consolidated into a lib, should I put some efford into making this shared
code? It adds some kernel bloat, so I'm slightly reluctant.

Jaromir