>> I have seen many crashes on system call returns.  [...]

> I would suggest printing the siginfo, but apparently our gdb doesn't
> support it (so I filed PR 58325): [...]

Okay, this is strictly a debugging workaround: how about building a
kernel with code added so that, whenever a SIGSEGV is delivered, the
siginfo is printed on the console?  It would at least let you get the
information, and I suspect SEGVs are rare enough you wouldn't have to
sift through too many false positives.

It does, though, assume you're comfortable adding code to your kernel
and rebuilding it.  (If trying to build a new kernel SEGVs, maybe
cross-build it?)

\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML                mo...@rodents-montreal.org