Tom> Randal, I'm curious what you are doing for data backups.

For single spindle failure, the disks are on RAID10, so I'm not terribly
worried.  (Far better than what I used to have, which was a nightly
rsync to a second spindle.)

For fumble-fingers, I have ZFS snapshots... every 10 minutes for two
hours, then the hour snaps are retained for two days, then one snap each
day is retained... well, forever, or until I run out of disk, and then
I'll delete some of the ones in the middle to turn them into
weeklies. :)

For true catastrophes, I download essential information to my laptop
every few days, which in turn gets backed up each day to a portable
drive, and also to my Drobo when I'm at home.

Business opportunity out there... ZFS is gaining quite a following... if
someone could set up a "ship ZFS incremental snapshots to the cloud",
I'd be a very interested customer.

<mer...@stonehenge.com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>