Hello,

 Recently during an electrical maintenance, we faced a problem with some
servers that had redundant PSUs. After the power was shut down on the
circuit that serves the first PSU, the second PSU failed to keep some
servers up and they rebooted (came back normal and stayed stable after
that). Tonight the same procedure was done on the other power circuit and
the second PSU failed too (on a smaller number of machines). These are all
enterprise-level servers which vendors will promptly replace failed PSUs..
but these PSUs were working fine as far as we can tell. Has anyone had this
problem too?

 I'm looking for some advice regarding proactive PSU replacements. Is it a
common practice? We do replace disks as proactively as we can by monitoring
several performance metrics but for PSUs I'm at a loss here.

Thank you,

--
Giovanni Tirloni
gtirl...@sysdroid.com