I should say that our performance bottleneck is latency. 200ms to
Singapore means that even simple file transfers (with bad protocols
like CIFS and HTTP) take longer than expected. (And isn't expectation
the key measure of performance with COs?)

I'm not really clear on how a "cloud" service would overcome that
bottleneck. Or how that would be any better than keeping a "mirror" of
the database and application in each of our datacenters. (I imagine
keeping a database synchronized with that kind of latency would be
painful, if it was my datacenter or Amazon's or a VPS.)