On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 04:47:26PM +0200, Gilles Chehade wrote:
> A tarball to test:  http://www.poolp.org/~gilles/smtpd-asyncdns.tar.gz
>
> This is smtpd-current, queue is unchanged, please test as it is experimental
> code. I will run it for a few days and commit if I see no drawbacks and I do
> not receive mails saying it breaks a working setup.

Hi,

I'm not a developer first off, but I've downloaded the code to take a peek at
it.  I can't throw this on a -current box right now as I'm doing some vmware
changes and don't have any -current available.  To get to my point, throwing
my weak eyeballs at it, I don't see any IP comparisons in the function
asr_recv_dns_response() right after the recvfrom().  Does that mean that anyone
can write a response into the asr code from any IP and if the DNS Id is right
then that packet will be accepted?  I hope I'm wrong..

Regards,
-peter