On 2011-01-15 07.43, Otto Moerbeek wrote:
On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 08:22:25PM -0700, Theo de Raadt wrote:
+ Makes it 64-bit capable on 64-bit architectures by changing relevant
int:s to long:s.
I think this is a problem.
I would expect a unix utility of this importance to work exactly the
same on all our platforms.

Additionally, i very much prefer to have as little as possible
differecnes between expr(1) and the ksh builtin.

Ehum, running the risk of looking like a complete fool I've got to ask, is there actually a ksh builtin version of expr?

I did actually double check that prior to digging into this, with "whence expr", and now after reading your comment I've skimmed the man page for ksh as well without finding any reference to a builtin expr. What am I missing?

Thanks for the input!

/Benny

--
internetlabbet.se     / work:   +46 8 551 124 80      / "Words must
Benny LC6fgren        /  mobile: +46 70 718 11 90     /   be weighed,