Quoting Thomas Gerlach <t.m.gerl...@freenet.de>:

> Stefan Sperling <stsp <at> stsp.name> writes:
>
> > It would be interesting to know if just the first hunk, which
> > re-enables RX, is enough.
> >
> > I don't have working xl wol hardware, so what I did was compare
> > our driver to the FreeBSD driver taking blind guesses as to what
> > could be wrong.
> >
> > So the diff I sent may be larger than needed.
> > If you could help trim down the diff to the absolute minimum needed
> > based on testing with hardware that would be great. Cheers!
> >

> I did exactly the same, I compared it to the FreeBSD driver. And I also
> cleared the PME events by using CSR_READ_2. I think we're on the safe
> side if
> we keep it.
>
> Maybe we can omit the "xl_wait(sc)" calls, at least I don't see it in
> the
> FreeBSD driver.
>

> Regards...

With current as of 21st June + Stefan's patches, I can wake up a Dell OptiPlex
GX150.

# ifconfig xl0 wol
# ifconfig xl0
xl0: flags=108843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST,WOL> mtu 1500
        lladdr 00:06:5b:23:37:50
        priority: 0
        groups: egress
        media: Ethernet autoselect (100baseTX full-duplex)
        status: active
        inet6 fe80::206:5bff:fe23:3750%xl0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x2
# shutdown -hp now
Shutdown NOW!
shutdown: [pid 29679]
#

*** FINAL System shutdown message from xxx...@xxxx.xxxxxxxx.co.nz ***

System going down IMMEDIATELY

System shutdown time has arrived
Connection to 172.16.1.101 closed by remote host.
Connection to 172.16.1.101 closed.
# arp -W 00:06:5b:23:37:50
#

Thanks.