On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 9:53 AM, Weldon Goree <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-06-09 at 14:26 +0300, Paul Irofti wrote:
>> I agree completley with you. Being able to tile just a given virtual
>> desktop and leave the others intact would be pretty awesome.
>
> Except they aren't desktops. Desktops are exclusively selected, cwm
> groups aren't (necessarily), and have a z index based on last selection.
> How (eg) xmonad handles tags is a better basis for multi-desktop tiling
> than how cwm handles groups.
>
> Weldon
>

+1, but I wouldn't like the tiling behavior by default though, ever.

2 reasons:
1 - author didn't intend it - it might lead old or current users feel
like its not the same cwm
2 - In my personal experience the windows that I want tiled are never
closed, so I like manually setting the "tiling property".
Current diff to implement tiling meet the above conditions, so I like it!

Reply via email to