What about the other direction, what about all the poeple who believe that
lynx is the end-all, be-all choice for secure browsing, because they
believe that it's the only browser that is held to the audit standards of
being included in OpenBSD base. If it isn't, isn't there a responsibility
to disclose that, and possibly remove it from base. The only chicken and
egg issue I can see with it, is that you use it to get a list of mirrors
for your newly installed system, so you can set the pkg_path. I'd love it
if we included another method for discovering that, a copy of mirrors in
/usr/share/docs, or even a second email sent to root. I'd also like to
point out that Shawn has broken the social contract here, it's well known
that it's generally considered rude to direct developers, in this forum. I
think it's also a well-known part of the "shut up and hack," culture, that
he can offer to audit and maintain lynx in a manner consistent with the
rest of base, or be quiet about it. No users are being harmed in the
removal of unmaintained code. I'm shocked at how hard people would push
back, against having to install a package.