On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 01:56:00PM -0500, patric conant wrote:
> Isn't there a responsibility to disclose that, and possibly remove it
> from base.

It's being removed.

> ... you use it to get a list of mirrors for your newly installed system,
> so you can set the pkg_path. I'd love it if we included another method
> for discovering that ...

Oh come on... It's not like the URLs are some giant uuid-based madness
or something. All the mirrors have the same simple layout. If you install
lots of boxes regularly, it doesn't take long to memorize the name of
your closest mirror. If you don't install lots of stuff, then just set
installpath in your pkg.conf and forget about it.

Also, I'm not sure if this is documented anywhere besides the source
of the installer, or how long it's intended to be kept around, but
you may find http://ftp.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/ftplist.cgi to be useful.