On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 01:06:37PM -0600, Theo de Raadt wrote:
> Look, if people keep being unspecific on how DUIDs interfere with
> their usage patterns, then the non-DUID configuration mode is going
> to go away.
>
> WHY must be use the non-DUID option in the installer??!?!?!

As someone who recently had several OpenBSD boxes in production, in a
variety of roles:

I can't imagine why DUIDs wouldn't work.

We defaulted to DUIDs the moment they became available. They worked
fine. Even for the Linux guys.

If someone has a particular dislike of DUIDs, they can easily change
them back. Anyone who has a whole bunch of OpenBSD boxes probably has
uses a post-install script, and a couple lines of
sed/awk/perl/whatever will make them happy.

If you have one OpenBSD box, and you just don't like DUIDs, again,
it's really easy to revert.

==ml

PS: Yes, I still have OpenBSD hosts. But I'm no longer a pro sysadmin,
so I can't claim to be running a server farm or anything like that.

--
Michael W. Lucas  -  mwlu...@michaelwlucas.com, Twitter @mwlauthor
http://www.MichaelWLucas.com/, http://blather.MichaelWLucas.com/