On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 04:34:06PM +0200, Martin Pieuchot wrote:
> On 26/06/15(Fri) 16:00, Alexandr Nedvedicky wrote:
> > Hello Martin,
> >
> > I accept or your comments. I just have few quick notes/questions now.
> >
> > > 2)  I saw that you found some ALTQ leftovers, you have some Solaris
> > (2) I think ALTQs leftovers are still in CVS repo, will double check
> > anyway. Stack alignment is not Solaris compatibility hack it's sparc
> > compatibility. May be your C compiler takes care of this and grants
> > 16/32/64 bit stack alignment. I have not examined build process
> > that closely yet.
>
> By "Solaris compatibility" I'm referring to the size of ``sa_family_t''
> and the corresponding changes in "struct pfr_table".

I see. sa_family_t is kind of surprise it's defined as uint16_t on Solaris.
PF at various places mixes sa_family_t with u_int8_t, so all af variables
on Solaris had to be turned to sa_family_t. Some of those changes leaked
backed during merge to current.

> > (3)
> > >     use atomic operations rather than per-CPU counters or any other
> > >     solution?  I'm also raising this question because some counters are
> > can you point me to manual page or source code sample so I can have a look
> > how
> > to use per-CPU counter?
>
> There's no such manual.  I was more asking about the reason for using
> atomic operations.  Is it because you're trying to use existing APIs?
I'm taking what's available.

> > > 5)  I'm not sure to understand the goal of the new "pf_refcnt_t" type
> > (5) Solaris defines pf_refcnt_t as 64-bit unsigned integer, pf_refcnt_t
> > hopes
> > to make porting easier. It can be defined as 32-bit on 32-bit machines.
>
> Using a long on OpenBSD will grantee that the value fits in a register,
> so it should be fine.
O.K. thanks for clarification.

> > > 7)  The PF_SMP_INSERT_WQ() macro to replace SLIST_INSERT() seems over-
> > PF_SMP_INSERT_WQ() purpose of those is to allow every CPU/thread to
> > operate on its own work-queue of ktables/kentries. The current pf
> > uses 'intrusive' link members pfrkt_workq/pfrke_workq in
> > pfr_ktable/pfr_kentry.
> > The only idea is to stay as much close to current version as possible.
>
> I understand that you want to stay close to the current version.  I'm
> just saying that we can also modify the current version to reduce the
> size of your diff.

I understand. I'll try to restructure the patches to make them easier
for review.