On 26/06/15(Fri) 17:19, Alexandr Nedvedicky wrote:
> > > (2) I think ALTQs leftovers are still in CVS repo, will double check
> > > anyway. Stack alignment is not Solaris compatibility hack it's sparc
> > > compatibility. May be your C compiler takes care of this and grants
> > > 16/32/64 bit stack alignment. I have not examined build process
> > > that closely yet.
> >
> > By "Solaris compatibility" I'm referring to the size of ``sa_family_t''
> > and the corresponding changes in "struct pfr_table".
> >
> I see. sa_family_t is kind of surprise it's defined as uint16_t on Solaris.
> PF at various places mixes sa_family_t with u_int8_t, so all af variables
> on Solaris had to be turned to sa_family_t. Some of those changes leaked
> backed during merge to current.

Even if on OpenBSD sa_family_t is defined as uint8_t, I'd argue that
for portability reasons we should use the correct type where it is
appropriate.  And here your "leak" is a good example of portability.

If you have some changes that could improve the portability of the
software and if you feel like sharing them, I'd be interested.

Regards,
Martin