On Tue, Mar 08, 2016 at 12:01:45AM +0000, Sevan Janiyan wrote:

> On 07/03/2016 19:14, Jason McIntyre wrote:
> > all of your changes appear to be for the sake of preference, rather than
> > that what's there is incorrect. it would be better then to state why you
> > think your change is neccessary. i don;t feel any of these changes are
> > improvements.
> >
> > language is flexible, that's all. i'm not generally in favour of
> > changing something just because we can.

morning.

> Sure thing.
> 1) An interface is not a type of address, referencing the interface
> triggers the system to look up the address associated with the interface.

the text does not say that it is a type of address. it means if the
contents of the "address" argument is an interface name... it also says
"If `*' is given as an address" without implying that. your text makes
it less clear, i'd say.

> 2) you reference in a particular syntax, not of a particular syntax

the text that is there is not incorrect, as i said. nor is it ambiguous,
or unclear.

> 3) I agree for the changes in the last paragraph doesn't add anything
> but changes style. twice is succinct :)

yes, twice is nicer. but what's there is another way of saying twice,
and not wrong. why change it? i might, if i were making other changes i
guess.

i think it's better to submit changes where there is a clear
improvement, or where we can definitely say what's there now is
incorrect.

jmc