"Ted Unangst" <t...@tedunangst.com> writes:

> Jeremie Courreges-Anglas wrote:
>>
>> clang already recognizes (and ignores) -fforce-addr but errors out
>> on -fno-force-addr.  This breaks the build of ports/databases/qdbm:
>>

>> http://build-failures.rhaalovely.net/amd64-clang/2017-04-14/databases/qdbm.log
>>
>> Fixing the port is easy, but so is ignoring -fno-force-addr.
>> -fno-force-addr should probably be pushed upstream if the latter is
>> preferred.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>
> If the option is obsolete, I'd say we'd be doing the world a favor by
> upstreaming a patch to fix qdbm.

I'm not sure what you mean by obsolete ("ignored"?).  A bunch of
packages out there use -fforce-addr but since qdbm seems to be the only
user of -fno-force-addr, I guess there's not much point in adding
support for a no-op.  (The port has been fixed since.)

--
jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE