On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 05:11:54PM -0500, Ted Unangst wrote:
> Marc Espie wrote:

> > > Let me think on this for a bit. Seems reasonable, though.
> >
> > If you want something simpler, just set the date from outside through an
> > env variable, so you'll have a reproducible date line for when you
> > absolutely
> > need it.
>
> Like TZ? I don't think there's a way to change the time that way. Is there?

No, but instead of an extra option, a specific env variable ? might make more
sense... or less. I don't know.

I'm surprised this surfaced again, as the subject was broached a few months
ago and dismissed, because yep, we do want the timestamp to mean something
for pkg_add.

Especially relating to our keys having a shelf life.