On 4/30/20 8:04 PM, Theo de Raadt wrote:
I also feel noone is going to read the manual page, find this piece
of text, and understand it.  Honestly, I don't understand this piece
of text.  I'm not going to set the AUTOCONF6 flag.  How does one even
set it?

ifconfig: AUTOCONF6: bad value

Of course not, but I am ironically trying to show this documentation
chunk doesn't help at all.  People can't act upon it properly.

Well then, we should fix the ifconfig(8) man page first, because it talks about the AUTOCONF6 flag, too.

It it too much to expect users to read the ifconfig man page?