On Wed, 18 Aug 2021 at 18:48:45 +0200, Martin Pieuchot wrote:
> Regarding the introduction of a separate wskbd(4) this can be seen as an
> intermediate step.  Having this logic in ukbd(4) implies revisiting the
> way reportID are mapped to USB drivers, which is still a bit of a hack
> when it comes to supporting multiple of them.  Having a simpler driver
> like ucc(4) can help us figure out out to support more "special" keys
> without having to deal with the HID logic at the same time.
>
> It would be great if users of usbhidaction(1) could tell us if this
> introduce any regression and/or if other keys could be supported.

I used usbhidaction for a Bluetooth audio device that supported
passing button presses through.

https://jcs.org/2020/11/18/openbsd_btaudio#responding-to-headphone-buttons

$ cat .usbhidaction.conf
Consumer:Play/Pause         1
    ~/bin/music playpause

Due to the lack of an XF86Audio* keysym that is both "play/pause",
ucc can only map it to just XF86AudioPlay.  It's no big deal for me
to adapt though, and I'm happy to see a driver do all of this
automatically.

Though it would be nice to find a way to pass any unsupported
buttons through, even if they are just no-named keysyms that would
at least allow a program to bind/react to them.