On Fri, Nov 24, 2023 at 12:20:53AM -0600, Aaron Rainbolt wrote:

> SRUs in packages used by flavors (including flavor-specific packages) are
> also common.

Speaking as a member of the SRU Team as well, I don't actually see evidence
of this.  There has been a run of SRUs right at the time of the mantic
release, related to release upgrades; and there was also a recent Lubuntu
SRU to lunar to fix *notifications* for release upgrades; but I can't think
of any other examples in the past few years.  This might be because it
happened that all of them were processed by other members of the SRU Team,
but that's statistically unlikely.  From my perspective, SRUs of core
packages in main are much more common.  Can you point to something I've
missed showing that flavor package SRUs are happening?

(I think this is very relevant to the question of LTS qualification, because
demonstrating a track record of active maintenance of the stable release of
a flavor goes a long way to establishing that the flavor team is delivering
something that meets users' needs for an LTS.)

Ubuntu Developer                                   https://www.debian.org/
slanga...@ubuntu.com                                     vor...@debian.org