From: Jon Andersen [mailto:jande...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2011 23:42
To: Vicky Budhiraja
Subject: Re: Image pre-processing for good OCR results

Vicky,

Thank you so much for responding!  I appreciate your help with this
project.

I have taken thousands of photos of headstones, and am trying to use
Tesseract on them.  I will make the results available through
findagrave.com, so that people can search for their relatives.

Here is a whole directory of sample images:
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~janderse/cemeteries/Star%2
0of%20David%20Memorial%20Gardens/Garden%20of%20Haifa/

Could you send me the code or results that you found?  I am trying to
use OpenCV to do the image pre-processing.

Thanks!!!

-Jon