On Thu, 5 Sep 2002 08:30:51 -0700
Aaron Bannert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 05:29:26PM +0200, Jacek Prucia wrote:
> > - fix install target so we can install flood amd examples off
> > $SRCDIR- fix few more bugs from STATUS (I'm on it)
> > - move tag on changed files and roll tarball
>
> I'm ok with whatever anyone else does, since the three of us
> are the primary consumers of flood-1.0, but in the future (as is
> my philosophy with the httpd project itself) we shouldn't be
> doing tag bumps if we can help it.

Agreed.

> An install target would be nice, but we really only have one file
> that needs to be installed. Besides that we really only have the
> examples, but no docs or man pages or anything like that.

Yeah, but take for example cadaver (ftp-like WebDAV command line
client). Install target moves only 2 files around: cadaver binary and
man page. Still, it's kinda nice it does what you would expect from
install target. All we need for flood install target right now is just:

$PREFIX/bin/flood
$PREFIX/share/doc/flood/(STATUS|CHANGES|CONFIG|DESIGN|etc.)
$PREFIX/share/doc/flood/examples

I know that 1.0 is just a number, but most people using software threat
it as a special number (stable release). This is why I think flood needs
to have install target working before we roll.

regards,
--
Jacek Prucia
7bulls.com S.A.