> I had a doubt regarding executing CGI scripts in SPECweb99 -
somebody here
> told me that the SPEC mandates the web server to fork a child
process to
> execute a CGI script - is that so ?.

Speaking of cgi scripts - be sure to use the C based one for this, the
perl based reference is quite a bit more cpu intensive. The cgi
component really adds up in the cpu time, but then again, I think that
was part of the point. The assumption was that a busy site would do
certain things in the fastest way possible (ie mod_specweb) but that
some things would continue to be done the hard way (basic cgi). If
anyone does not have a copy of the C program you can get it from me or
from the specweb archives (part of the submittals).

Dave