MATHIHALLI,MADHUSUDAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1) wrote:
Hi,
        Does anybody know if the mod_specweb99.c been 'blessed' by the SPEC
committee ?..I mean, have they acknowledged that the module acts in a SPEC
compliant manner?

No, they have not blessed it.

I had a doubt regarding executing CGI scripts in SPECweb99 - somebody here
told me that the SPEC mandates the web server to fork a child process to
execute a CGI script - is that so ?.

Yes, that is so. You need to configure a SPEC CGI independently from mod_specweb99. Fortunately this is only a tiny fraction of the workload.

In spite of the low frequency of CGI requests, I've seen multiple zombie CGI processes hanging around quite often. Bill S. had a fix for apr/unix/pools.c::free_proc_chain not too long ago that might help with the zombies. Switching to a compiled CGI as Dave suggested wouldn't hurt either.

Greg