On Thu, 8 May 2003, Stas Bekman wrote:

[ .. ]
> One question remains: should the package be renamed to
> Apache-Tester as well?  Since people will see Apache::Test and
> will try to install Apache::Test in CPAN.pm, and that won't
> work.

Probably to make a clean break the whole package should be
renamed. And also, probably the current Apache-Test packages on
CPAN should be deleted, as Apache::Test would still show up in
the CPAN indices, under older Apache-Test packages (eg, there's
some obsolete modules in older versions of libwww-perl that can
be seen within CPAN.pm).  I think though that the Apache::Test
module would still remain in the indices after such deletion, and
CPAN.pm would direct queries to the module owner. You'll probably
have to contact modules@perl.org to get the module itself removed
from the indices.

--
best regards,