On Tue, 13 May 2003, Stas Bekman wrote:

[ .. ]
> This is what I see now as the simplest solution at all fronts:
>
> 1) keep the distro name Apache-Test.
>
> 2) s|Apache/Test.pm|Apache/TestPlan.pm|
>
> 3) contents of Apache/TestPlan.pm:
>
> package Apache::Test;
> $Apache::Test::VERSION = '1.02';
> package Apache::TestPlan;
> # what was previously Apache::Test code follows
>
> I decided to nevertheless plug these two lines in:
>
> package Apache::Test;
> $Apache::Test::VERSION = '1.02';
>
> so that CPAN will still index Apache::Test, and we can still
> tell CPAN.pm to install Apache::Test, same for dependencies
> list. Also that's where we maintain the distro's version.

I'm not familiar enough with how PAUSE indexes modules contained
in a distribution ... Does it search all .pm files for package
declarations and index what it finds? For example, CPAN.pm itself
contains several packages in the same file, but these don't show
up in the indices (but that might be because these modules
haven't been registered in PAUSE).

> Usage-wise, the only change you have to do is this:
>
> perl -pi -e 's|use Apache::Test([\s;])|use Apache::TestPlan$1|' files
>
> Is everybody happy with that solution?

That sounds good ... So with this Apache::test of mod_perl 1
wouldn't be affected at all?

--
best regards,
randy