William McKee wrote:
On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 10:48:53AM -0800, Stas Bekman wrote:

The only possible caveat is the the author may have mod_perl installed and will use the wrong subclass, for his test suite and it will work just fine. When the user w/o mp will try to run it, it'll fail. But the error message should give the user enough info to know how to proceed.

Yes, that was one of the issues that I ran across when porting my app
from Linux to Windows. The error message would have been sufficient to
understand the root of the problem.

Good.

I certainly hope that I can buy you a <insert drink of choice> one day!
mod_perl has been one of the most complicated pieces of software that
I've ever attempted to use. If it's this tough to understand as a user,
I can only imagine the troubles that the developers have.

;)

The best possible way to give back is to stick around and help others on the lists, improve docs, contribute ideas, etc...